S*Marts Workshops: Leadership at All Levels
My interactive workshops and explorations offer tools and approaches to work and life challenges presented with energy and humor. In addition to the examples below, I can create a custom workshop to meet your organizational or programmatic needs. Workshops can be adapted for a 60-minute, 90-minute, half-day or full day presentation. Topics can be combined for multi-day retreats.
Career and Leadership Development workshops focus on communication skills, emotional intelligence, and how to develop resilience, reduce stress, and increase ease and satisfaction at work.
Assertiveness and Anti-Harassment Training offers effective approaches and tools for resisting harassment and bullying, and ways to act as an ally when others are being harassed.
Help for the Overwhelmed: Reduce Stress and Create Ease
Learn how to create ease and satisfaction by increasing your ability to respond rather than react. Give up blame, stop being nice, learn to say, "No," and take response-ability for your experience. We'll explore these topics:
- The Source of Your Experience is You
- You're in Charge: How to Stop Reacting and Start Responding
- How to Say "No"
- The Opposite of "Nice" is not "Nasty:" Kindness Comes from Honesty and Authenticity
Follow the Leader - You!
Leadership begins with how you lead your own life. Spend some time in playful exploration of what makes you, you. We’ll look at how mindfulness and self-awareness produces the self-confidence, authenticity, and clarity that are at the root of excellence in leadership in your life, your career, and your community. You'll learn how to step into your power, and you'll create a vision and a mission statement for your life. Topics covered include:
- Leadership and Power
- The Source of your Experience
- The Three-Step Formula for Change
Get Real: Image and Authenticity
What would happen if you showed up in your life in as Your Authentic Self? We'll explore that question and all that it evokes: fear, insecurity, uncertainty, discomfort. Learn how to free up your energy and creativity by dropping the masks of image. Leave your Imaginary Self behind, and emerge as the powerful being you truly are. This workshop includes:
- Authenticity is Sensational: How Listening to Your Body Leads You to Truth
- Dismantling Taboos and Prohibitions That Hold Your Imaginary Self In Place
- How Authenticity Increases Empathy, Compassion, and Kindness
Powerful Communication: Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say, and Be Heard!
How often do you find yourself thinking (or saying) "But that's not what I meant!"? How often do you hear it from others? Clear and effective communication is the foundation for good relationships. This playdate will reveal your most common communication glitches, and ways to correct and prevent them.
- Honesty is Easier: How Telling the Truth Reduces Stress
- Words Get in the Way: The Many Ways We Communicate
- Simple, Clear, Direct: The Formula For Challenging Communication
- The Right Medium for the Message: When to Write, to Call, and to Meet