I am the smarts behind S*Marts Consulting. My personal mojo is a mix of science, advocacy, self-awareness, curiosity, and a keen sense of humor.
I am committed to creating a world in which each of us brings our whole self to our work, and each of has the opportunity to work in the way that brings out our best results.
I combine the critical thinking skills of a scientist with my experience as a student and teacher of self-defense, meditation, and personal development. I bring a clear focus on what works to create real change for my clients. My work is flavored with humor and an insatiable curiosity about the world and the people in it.
I work with organizations to:
- Create a safe and welcoming environment at membership meetings and conferences.
- Address challenges and obstacles to moving beyond diversity to authentic inclusion
- Clear up communication glitches to improve teamwork and productivity
- Facilitate staff and members learning to recognize and intervene to prevent and stop harassment and bullying in the workplace, at meetings and conferences, and beyond
- Engage staff and members in challenging conversations around bias, privilege, and how to be an ally.
I earned my bachelor's degree at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK, and my doctorate at at Duke University. I founded S*Marts Consulting, LLC in 2010.
My clients include:
American Association of Physics Teachers
American Geophysical Union
American Group Psychotherapy Association
American Society of Health System Pharmacists
American Society for Microbiology
Association for Women in Science
Ecological Society of America
Entomological Society of America
Geochemical Society of America
Geological Society of America
National Rural Electrical Cooperative Association
The Optical Society
Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Society for the Study of Evolution