I am the smarts behind S*Marts Consulting. My personal mojo is a mix of science, advocacy, self-awareness, curiosity, and a keen sense of humor. I am committed to creating a world in which each of us brings our whole self to our work, and each of has the opportunity to work in the way that brings out our best results.
As a consultant, I work with organizations to:
- Address challenges and obstacles to moving beyond diversity to authentic inclusion
- Clear up communication glitches to improve teamwork and productivity
- Facilitate staff and members learning to recognize and intervene to prevent and stop harassment and bullying in the workplace, at meetings and conferences, and beyond
- Engage staff and members in challenging conversations around bias, privilege, and how to be an ally.
As a coach, I can help you:
- Flourish and succeed in your current job and career
- Figure out what you really want to do with your education, your training, and your experience
- Transform challenging relationships, at work or at home through clear communication and self-awareness
- Bring clarity and focus to the work of teams and organizations
- Entertain, educate, and challenge audiences of all sizes on topics related to work, workplaces, and careers
In my work with groups and individuals, I combine the critical thinking skills of a scientist with my experience as a student and teacher of self-defense, meditation, and personal development. I bring a clear focus on what works to create real change for my clients. My work is flavored with humor and an insatiable curiosity about the world and the people in it.
I earned my bachelor's degree at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK, and my doctorate at at Duke University. I founded S*Marts Consulting, LLC in 2010.
My clients include:
American Geophysical Union, Entomological Society of America, American Association of Physics Teachers, Geological Society of America, National Rural Electrical Cooperative Association, Ecological Society of America, Association for Women in Science, and others.